Basecamping and vulching

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Vengence
Major
Major

Re: Basecamping and vulching

Unread post by Vengence »

We really need to boost up AAA everywhere....yes it seems like we boosted the axis AAA up and when we fly over there its a wall of flak but the allied airbases have the pissy ass small caliber guns and they are spread out....when we boost up the AAA to prevent vulching (as much as possible) then we need to boost it equaly across the board
Major Vengence
3rd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

CF23-Codders

Unread post by CF23-Codders »

S ! All

once again 2 mins in game killed by base camping only 2 on red side alot more blues :| would it be a good idea just to put more aa at the bases ?? so they think twice about base camping .

lover the sever but i can't see the point in joining for 2 mins to get a 15 min ban :shock:

i know you have put alot of hard work into the sever tiger & co but some people are spoiling it , i know its a full real > but 2 mins flying = 15 min ban :roll:

S !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Yeah, its not too fun to be kicked for so long especially when you get to fly so little. I'm lobbying for 7 min kicks since that's about how long it takes to smoke a cigarette. :mrgreen:

I thought they had added a ton of aaa, perhaps it was destroyed. I don't fly too much as it is so I really don't know. But hey its not so bad, we have a few crappy flights but once and again we'll have a super great one and it'll all be worth the aggravation.
Trouble4u

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

They have wiped out the allied AAA and the problem is we all fly one at a time they fly in bunches base camping is part of the game just live with it instead turn the tables on them get more than 2 or 3 pilots in and go camp out at there base they have played this within the rules and been smart taking out all the AAA at the beginning everytime I have flown against them they do the same thing take out the AAA keep you from getting off the ground in force while they have pilots flying around looking for targets without worring about being shot down. Everyone is complaining about them vulching it is not changing anything they are organized as to were someone is over the allied bases or near them all the time don't sit and bitch and complain about the tactics do something about them get in the server in force and stop them. I don't like getting ready to takeoff and get killed either but at least I keep trying to fight back so it's your choice continue griping and moaning or get organized and go in force and take it to them.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Python wrote:Salute

They have wiped out the allied AAA and the problem is we all fly one at a time they fly in bunches base camping is part of the game just live with it instead turn the tables on them get more than 2 or 3 pilots in and go camp out at there base they have played this within the rules and been smart taking out all the AAA at the beginning everytime I have flown against them they do the same thing take out the AAA keep you from getting off the ground in force while they have pilots flying around looking for targets without worring about being shot down. Everyone is complaining about them vulching it is not changing anything they are organized as to were someone is over the allied bases or near them all the time don't sit and bitch and complain about the tactics do something about them get in the server in force and stop them. I don't like getting ready to takeoff and get killed either but at least I keep trying to fight back so it's your choice continue griping and moaning or get organized and go in force and take it to them.
8 pm est wow comms..........
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

JL_Grube
Captain
Captain

Unread post by JL_Grube »

S! Gents . I have been on the WOW server at around two in the morning the last few nights . Have noticed a number of blue working all night long on our AAA and columns . Also im having abig problem with them landing a bomber at the end of our runway and using gunners to take out any that spawn in , Now i know base camping is legal yet frowned upon by most here but parking a heavily armored bomber on our runways ????? id like to hear some thoughts and explanations on this , maybe then ill have some logic and understanding of this situation . Ty

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

I agree! Where is the line drawn ? There is obviously a lack of sportsmanship and respect in parking on our runway and shoot us spawning in. This was meant to be fun not to be disrespected in our own server. What little respect i had for the rcaf is gone , the only way for them to win is too park a bomber on our spawn. Cowardly, is that what the c stands for in rcaf?
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

The RCAF mentality is to win at all costs .... the blatant cheating last campaign when they would fly an enemy aircraft and scout for targets show that they will do anything that isn't expressly forbidden even though it is an obvious cheat. .

Having said that, they are playing within the bounds of the written rules, and it is up to us to find a method to counter it. The previous two attempts at this campign had us flying in overwhelming numbers and hitting all the targets, now it is their turn to do so - the only difference is this time the campaign has taken hold without starting anew.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

JL_Grube
Captain
Captain

Unread post by JL_Grube »

So we are going to have to find a way to counter . ANy suggestions ?? . I have gone through scenerios in my head on how to counter them sitting on our only runway, and i have found None . Wait it out tell map rolls ??? if thats the case then what do have this event for in the first place ?? . I agree that war is war but i have never heard or read pilot logs about them sitting on the end of a runway and single handedly destroying an entire squadron ..... lack of honor and sportsmenship is what im chalking this up to be ... i have no more respect for our fine friends of the RCAF ...

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

~S~ Gentelmen, I know how bad it is to be vulched. I have been ripped to shredds on the runways before in past campains and i know how all of you feel about that. It sucks but as tiger said its legal and part of the game, and yes I will vulch like a mad man when given the chance.

As for the landing a bomber on the airfield and using tailgunners to kill spawning aircraft, i am responsible for that once. I then was promtly cussed out and all kinds of manner of disrespected. If we as the RCAF are asked not to do that we will not, I want do it anymore gents because I am a kinda high strung and hate being cussed out. As Python stated before we use tactics in to groups, one we camp if possable to keep enemy eather busy or pinned down, while the secound group search's and destroys.

I try not to mean any disrespect on anybody and hate it when I do show it to enemy pilots then I myself get cussed and dis'd to hell and back. Come on guys we all know its a game and we don't do this as often as I would personaly like, so lets make the best of it and fly.

If there is a paticular tactic that we use that you gentelmen do not like us to do, then ask us not to do that and if its reasonable we will not do that. Its that simple gents.

If I have done something that is disrespectfull to somebody please address me and not the whole squad, same goes for tthe other individual pilots. ~S~ Blood out