Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 - Restart 25 September 2010

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RCAF_FB_Blood

Re: Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 - Restart 25 Septmeber 2

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

OK am very happy that the RRR is in :D. But very sad which bloody base you choozen to use :( . can land fighters there no problem, getting the bloody beast turned around on the narrow strip with out falling of, DAMN NEAR IMPOSSABLE, lol.

Was gonna suggest the the primary base's be the r/r/r and leave the secoundarys out to dry. Reason being its more logical that the primary's are the rrr instead of some bloody secoundary thats nearly completely out of the resupply route, thats pretty much for both sides. Thats pretty much all I have on it, and THANK YOU TIGER, THANK U THANK U THANK U, ok anough kiss'n da butt. Just a idea on it is all gents ~S! Blood out

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Cryton »

~S~ Tiger, today as of 3:20 or 3:30 the server was once again stuck could it possibly be that your using two daemons instead of just one? It said apon start up of the Wings of War server 2.2 online and 2.4 online could 2.2 be conflicting with 2.4?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Cryton,

No, it's not a conflict. You actually have to start FB Daemon II 2.2 first, shut it down, and then start FB Daemon II 2.4, in order for everything to work they way that it should on my system. I believe that something is going on each day at 3:30 p.m. that is killing FB Daemon II. It doesn't seem to matter when I launch the game now. It just quits at 3:30 p.m. I'll have a look and tell you what I find.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Thanks, and also can you change the R/R/R bases please because that concrete strip doesnt' compensate for our Ju 88's

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

I believe it was the automated updates, and I shut them off (I seem to remember having to do this on the other box). So, we should be all set.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

idefix44

Unread post by idefix44 »

Early in the morning, Greenwich + 2 in France, I had a nice fight with Tiger. What happend to the stat ? Some thing is wrong again in this campain... I'm sorry and disappointed...

Good luck to all.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

idefix44 wrote:Early in the morning, Greenwich + 2 in France, I had a nice fight with Tiger. What happend to the stat ? Some thing is wrong again in this campain... I'm sorry and disappointed...

Good luck to all.
S!~ ide,

It was an epic battle that lasted almost 20 minutes, with each pilot extending away and returning to the fight. At one point, I found myself in the clouds and lost sight of you, only to find you again as I came out the other side. At times we were cockpit to cockpit in a rolling scissors, trying to position ourselves behind the other. Finally, on the deck, it was a contest to see who could fly slower. We rolled once more with the last of our energy, nearly hitting the ground. Then, you managed to keep your crate in the air at a near stand still, and I inched by, giving you the shot. Congratulations to you, sir.

The answer is that I inadvertently left a squadron of AI in the campaign, and that messes up the DCG, causing FBD2 to crash. It didn't take long, as the script failed on the very first mission. I had to restart the entire campaign, which went back online just before 03:00 today. That means that, unfortunately, the score for the epic battle as described above is lost. However, the memory of the encounter will last a lifetime. That was one of the best battles I have ever had in IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Could it be that I had forgotten to set the following line in the dcg.ini file?

Code: Select all

DataFiles=C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Dynamic Campaign Generator\Data\
We shall see. It was still;

Code: Select all

DataFiles=D:\Ubisoft\IL-2 Dynamic Campaign Generator\Data\
A setting I apparently missed from the switch. So, I wonder if, each time data is required of the DCG, it fails?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Time for Tiger to rotate the map again :)