Fair play and fun

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RCAF_FB_Blood

Re: Fair play and fun

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

~S~ Gentalmen, I apoligize for blowing my Texas and on top of the German temper. I also apoligize for the name calling ( looks at Jericho ). I or should I say we all know how unbalanced the teams where and to be frankly honest I wanted more pilots to fly against. Yes that would have changed some , and i do mean some of the tactics that where used but not all. As for the chute killen and stuff, I don't know who it was , I know i want do it unless it was by mistake or somebody decided to use my body as a bullet catcher as it falls helplessly to the ground . Then I may hunt down that individual and return the favour if it was intintional before. Otherwise no i don't do that.

As for U Jericho we had several good fights, i lost some u lost some. difference in that being If i managed to catch you low to the ground i won, if it was at altitude you won. all where fair and honest fights.

Only reason I blowed my top was do to the fact that no matter what happened in the campain it was ALLWAYS THE RCAF'S FAULT. Gentlemen please note that we may have been the most active but we where not the only squad in there. I am not saying that we are not all innocent but shesh anough is anough of attacking just one squad.

All i am asking is unless you know the name of the spacific individual don't point fingers at a whole squad, point them at the person or persons that are responsable.

Asd i said yes I vulched , not much but i did, usualy i would wait till the atleast got 2 feet off the ground before i would attack them but thats just me. I find that if i am getting my butt handed to me do to a tactics that most call dishonorable i try to return the favour to that individual. I want attack the whole squad for that persons tactics so thats what i am asking here don't point out all of RCAF for a few of the other guys tactics , ok rant is over I said my piece and I hope this helps with the BS ~S~ Bloodshadow out

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

"As I climbed into my P-51 I had a strange sense of anticipation. Taking off, I head toward Caen. The fighting had been fierce with heavy losses on both sides, but I couldn't wait to engage. We reached our assigned altitude when suddenly "What the hell was that?" came crackling over the radio. The pilot of another P-51 had just seen the first of the Me-262s. "It's a jet!" came the reply. We knew immediately that the game had changed, and that our tactics needed to change as well.

We diverted to St. Paul and perched over the airfield at 10,000 ft., avoiding detection by the AAA, and waited for the first of the jet fighters to come home. It wasn't long before a Me-262 returned to base, and as he lined up on a long final approach I dove in. Cutting the throttle, I lined him up in my sights and waited until the last second to fire a burst. The 262's wing was sheared away and the aircraft slammed into the ground. Scratch one jet fighter."

The wings~of~War campaigns are intended to be a dynamic environment that simulates war in as much as possible, within the limitations of the game IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, and other available software. The campaigns are intended to govern themselves through the use of server settings rather than a long list of rules.

In attempting to simulate war there are situations where it would be appropriate to attack when the enemy is leaving or arriving at his field, such as the scenario above. That is an AAR of mine from last year's Normandy 1944 Campaign. When we were on comms and the Germans unexpectedly received the Me-262, the immersion factor was huge. I could almost image what it would have been like to be there when the first encounter of the Me-262 occurred. And, when I went hunting the jet fighter at St. Paul, the immersion factor was huge once again. It has been one of my favorite experiences for all of the campaigns that we have run. Had there been a hard an fast rule against vulching, the experience wouldn't have been the same.

That being said, the Wings~of~War campaigns were not intended to be a win at all costs affair. The idea was to make a game as realistic as possible with fluid battle lines that depended on the effect you have on the ground war. We didn't write a book of rules because we didn't feel the need. We felt that everyone would understand that the object of the game is actually to have the most fun and to win the campaign is secondary. We expected everyone to treat others with some respect, with the understanding that failing to do so will mean that they will play elsewhere.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

Warren sir I think you missunderstood by what i ment at all cost's when I was talking about Boomer, Guess I should clear that up just a little sir. Why I said at all cost's was for my own personal survival ;) . That man is one hell of a pilot and if he was airbourne my servival rate dropped to well nil :o :shock: . So what I ment was for my own personal survival at all cost's lol, not at the expence of the imersion factor or injoyment. If you catch me just flat out trying like mad to keep one pilot pinned down its do to that mans flying abilities.

As in case with you guys, best believe if I ever could get the chance poor redjoy be in Boomers boat as well. That man is a monster behind the stick. Best dog fight I ever had in any of the Campains was with that man, and just to show my humblness here he won that fight.

I hope that kinda cleared that up for you sir, if not mayby I can find better words to explain it.

Vengence
Major
Major

Unread post by Vengence »

Heck I aint sure who it was but there was a pilot for the other team that i know i personaly vulched like 4 times in one sortie. i never killed him but any time he would spawn in id put enough rounds in him to make it so he didnt want to take off. at that point in the game i had allready lost alerions on my 51 and was in the middle of a ground attack. I also knew that even though the aaa had been knocked out over the base there was still an active aaa over the city. i had advantage with 10mins to go in the map there was no way i was letting anyone off the ground at caen. me and the other pilot talked and seem to understand eachother and rather than move to another base he chose to just wait till the map switched. it is something that will happen and will allways happen. no fight is ever really fair unless its the exact same aircraft at the exact same height with the exact same speed.
Major Vengence
3rd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

Courage which goes against military expediency is stupidity, or, if it is insisted upon by a commander, irresponsibility.
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Boomer
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Boomer »

RCAF_Bloodshadow, I hope you signed up for the North Africa campaign because I am looking forward to our dogfights this weekend. Had a lot of fun in the Normandy campaign and I hope we have a great turn out this weekend ~S~ all and good luck

See you in North Africa

[RS]Boomer
=AVG=Boomer
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves