Fair play and fun

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Decker
Major
Major

Re: Fair play and fun

Unread post by Decker »

I am speaking for myself but I have not made many kills and have been vulched may times but this campaign has been a blast so far and you do not find me bitching and crying about stuff. I take the cards delt to me and play them to the best of my ability and not complain about the dealer cheating me. We are all here to try and win but have fun doing it. Lets just play and have fun. I am not that good at Axis planes and can't wait to flip sides and see what I can do from there. point is though I am still having fun here.

Salute
~S~

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

[RS]Senyu

Unread post by [RS]Senyu »

I just want to say that we at Rogue-Saints enjoy these campaigns very much. The bottom line is, when members of a squad sign up for these the rules are clearly stated, one can choose not to participate based on those rules. I have been on the receiving end of being vulched many times and have done it myself. Is it a pain in the butt to spawn in and be destroyed and have to sit out 15 min? sure. This is one of the many challenges of these campaigns that make it a challenge. I personally don't like the base campers. When I make a run on a base and catch an aircraft on the ground I will strafe it during my bombing run. I usually don't hang around after that, but that is part of the game.
AVG, don't change a thing with these campaigns. They are a blast just the way they are.

[RS]Senyu
[RS]Senyu
Commanding Officer
Rogue-Saints

Practicing today makes for winning tomorrow
(-Samurai maxim-)

sturmbahnfuhrer

Unread post by sturmbahnfuhrer »

I understand the rules and I do not complain in game when I get spawn killed(which is very few times), the only reason I originally posted this thread was because of the complaining and the name calling in game. The game is mission based and none of the objectives are at that base. I understand the thought process, keep them out of the air and we will win. Well, blue haven't been completing any of their objectives hence the reason blue has no wins. So the plan is failing. I was just hoping for a little more realistic game play and mission based play. I'm sure when the map is switched, most of the players will be hell bent on giving a little love back with cannons blazing, which will be good for me cause I will be bombing.

End game, when you look at how many aircraft kills you guys have and start thinking you are good try and remember how many were actually air to air victories.....very few I'm sure.

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

Have you stopped taking your meds? Very few air to air victorys? You must be nuts!!!!
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

sturmbahnfuhrer wrote:Well, blue haven't been completing any of their objectives hence the reason blue has no wins. So the plan is failing. I was just hoping for a little more realistic game play and mission based play. I'm sure when the map is switched, most of the players will be hell bent on giving a little love back with cannons blazing, which will be good for me cause I will be bombing.

Hey sturmbahnfuhrer, here's a suggestion. If you feel that we're not meeting the objective to win more missions and lack a little realistic game play well why not try to enhance the realism by hoping on TeamSpeak 3 with us and help coordinate an effective attack to meet our objectives to win mate. I mean I've never seen you on TS and heck TS is a good tool to help coordinate effective attacks in real time. ;)
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Ultimately, whomever sweeps the map wins the campaign, if no one is forced off the map.......... it goes to team scores.

Nothing can be perfectly balanced, a "mirrored" sides event gets really borring quick but we do ty to put roughly the same points on the board for each side. Map has A LOT to do with it. This is a tricky one cause it is an invasion, try flying the Burma Road for a week. :x
Regardless, thats why we switch sides.

If you're bombing for a week. Best to clear the way and hit targets on the way to the rear.. I dont understand why you wouldnt just bomb the places where there is heavy AA. Pretty good indication of sometings down there. ;)

Avoid an airfield? Hell man they are some of the biggest point values for heavy bombers and a priority 1 objective. I havent been in today but up till yesturday, St. Paul stood untouched accept for a static aircraft here or there. I know I speak for all the heavies on our side, we are chaffing to be Allied. ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US :D

I remind you the axis only have the JU88 out of St.Paul. With max load, it takes 45 min to get up to 3.5k before youre over the coast. :shock:

When we have the week off and externals go on, spend 3 hours in the server and look for the targets.

The DCG and these week long campaigns can be very odd. The more you play them the more you will learn and know what to expect. Il be looking fr you on TS.
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Hey Raz, he's flying for the other team. :mrgreen:
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_BigCat

Unread post by RCAF_FB_BigCat »

Just wanted to tell you guys this week has been a blast. Cant wait until next week. Im with Warren. (Cant wait until we get the Allied planes....Look Out)

RCAF_FB_BigCat

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Tiger wrote:Hey Raz, he's flying for the other team. :mrgreen:
Got the feeling that he was on the opposite side.
:oops: :oops:

Still what do the Allies use, maybe another TS, we do however have a channel that all allied pilots can join in case you know you may not know the other TS or whatever, that's the default for the allies.

Ah I see RAF_Provost is in there now.
Shot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

RAF_Sharkzz

Unread post by RAF_Sharkzz »

~S~
G'day all.
As a FULL participant and have had many a spawn in only to die 3 to 60 seconds later. Some by strafing and bombs and some by my own hand :oops:
At first I was annoyed but then the spirrit of competitiveness jumped in and I now cannot put it down , so to speak.
I LAUGH now if I get killed early and there is in fact a comradery among us on either sides who see the fun / funny side of this. I agree that follow the rules. I also agree in fair play. but also a bit of larikanism thrown in.
Vulching is fine by me and adds to the atmosphere, and alsdo makes you fly a bit better. LOL
GREAT CAMPAIGN = AVG= !! thanks . and have had a great oposition to fly against as well !! ~S~ to all
and see you there !!!..

PS,
As some have track ir and some don't is it possible to add "look around" view which would help emencly with take off's and taxiing
PLEASE !!!!