Joining through multiplayer...?

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

YOKE
Major
Major

Joining through multiplayer...?

Unread post by YOKE »

I am trying to enter wings of war server through multiplayer tick on the game screen...
I type in the ip ..hit connect and I get an immediate....
cannot connect message...
connection with the server has been lost .
I have tried with the name of YOKE and =AVG=YOKE_54...
both with the same results.
router port is open for 21000...
I'm so confused... :(

through HL I can join any game with no problems...

insight or instruction ?

thanks
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: Joining through multiplayer...?

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Yoke,

The server is running the new AAA Unified Installer v1.1 server software with checkRuntime=2 enabled as a test. The new server software, with checkRuntime=2 enabled, ensures that everyone is flying the same game so that mods can be used. Right now the server is running version 4.08m, and you should be able to connect as long as you are using the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 client software in version 4.08m, with or without mods enabled. Last night we were flying in the server with version 4.09b1m and checkRuntime=2 enabled. It was working perfectly.

After everyone left, I decided to try running the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 server in version 4.08m with checkRuntime=2 enabled, along with FB Daemon II, the FB Daemon II stats module, and the Dynamic Campaign Generator. I started the Normandy 1944 Campaign to see if everything would work properly together, and I went to bed. When I woke up this morning I checked the stats page here at virtualaces.net to see if the DCG was updating the map, and everything appears to be working as it should.

I'm assuming that you either do not have the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 client software installed, or you tried to enter the server in version 4.09b1m. If you don't have the software, I highly recommend that you get it. It's like a whole new game. If you have the software and you tried to enter the server in version 4.09b1m, then switch to version 4.08m and you should have no trouble entering the server.

In addition to the new aircraft and objects in the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 software, there are also new maps available, such as an actual English Channel map. For future Wings~of~War campaigns I would like to be able to use these new aircraft, objects, and maps. One campaign that I would like to develop would be the Battle of Britain, complete with the Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I. In fact, I believe that all the aircraft that were flown in the Battle of Britain will be available with the exception of the Dornier Do-17. The new server software, with checkRuntime=2 enabled, will ensure that everyone is running the same game.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

ty for reply but still nothing...

I have the unified installer and have 4.08m ticked.
I get message "Communication with the remote host is lost.Reason.Connection is lost"

I will try a couple more times and keep fingers crossed. :)

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Last ngiht when I tried to join the 4.09 server I also got dropped with the message of connection error type 1 or some such. . I went back to teh installer and reclicked on the 4.09 option for switch/run and it then worked even though I was already in it before I clicked.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

YOKE
Major
Major

Re: Joining through multiplayer...?(resolved)

Unread post by YOKE »

K found the error in my ways....

I was placing my name in the "box" that said NAME... right? --- wrong !

I had to put my name in the box for CALLSIGN --- DOH

now all is well and joining by IP works !

THANKS K ! !