HSFX Patching

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Zombie
Major
Major

HSFX Patching

Unread post by Zombie »

El Tigre did you forget HSFX 6 install links? Im really struggling to do this man, im up 4.12.2 but cannot get HSFX installed...
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

YOKE
Major
Major

Re: HSFX Patching

Unread post by YOKE »

to jump in quick , get the torrent for hsfx 7.0 and install up to 7.0

then at the top of tigers post there is a link to take 7.0 to 7.3 get that DL ( the auto updater way isnt working )

I extracted that 7.0 to 7.3 DL to a empty folder on desktop then copied its entire contents to my il2 folder and let it overwrite etc when it asked to do so.

hope that helps ...it's really early and I'm on my way out the door to work :(
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Zombie,

Yoke is correct. You do not need HSFX 6 to get to HSFX 7.0.3. Just patch the game to v4.12.2m and then apply HSFX 7.0.0. Once you've done that, then use the link Yoke referred to and you're up to IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v4.12.2m with HSFX 7.0.3..
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Dumb question perhaps (my standard) but do we have a link to the 4.12.2 patch?
It appears I am currently at 4.12.1
Found a link to the 4.12.2 megapatch on Mission4today, but also some scary feedback.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

So I have tried again like Yoke said to do. Copied and overwrote files. Game works but when I turn on history mod nothing happens. Frustrating

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

Time for my dumb questions....

1) with game working but hsfx not I will assume with hsfx activated in the switcher the hsfx version does not appear in the lower left of the splash screen when you launch game ?

And I will also ask more questions and you most likely tried these as well..... but here goes ;)

a) when you ran the hsfx 7.0 patch did you do all 3 parts and to the correct destination folder ?
( the reason I ask... my first attempt only ran the first part but not the other 2 so I had the same issue like you see now ...
i walked away from the pc when doing the install and when it asked for the 2nd or 3rd to install and I did not answer it closed out the question box... when I got back I thought it was done .
I simply re-ran the patch and answered yes to the last 2 parts and then it all worked.

hope any of this helps ... I probably dislike frustration as much as the next guy but at least I know I have a strong pulse !!!!!

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

I don't recall a question box, I walked away as well. I will try that. Thanks Yoke.

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

Ok, well it runs all three parts, still wont engage hsfx, im at a loss here... getting tiered of fucking with this... who has succesfully patched up to hsfx 7 from 4.12.2?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Zombie,

I have patched to IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 4.12.2m and HSFX 7.0.3. But, I believe that HSFX v7.0.0 was installed over IL-2 Sturmovik:1946 v4.12.1m. Then, I did the upgrade to IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v4.12.2m. Then, I applied HSFX 7.0.1, HSFX 7.0.2, and HSFX 7.0.3. Did you install up IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 v4.12.2m and then apply HSFX 7.0.3 before attempting to run the game?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler