Italy Campaign or all for that matter

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

LG1.Klein

Italy Campaign or all for that matter

Unread post by LG1.Klein »

Are the missions scripted whereas no matter what one team does the map will move one direction as scripted or can players impact and effect the outcome of each missions progress?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: Italy Campaign or all for that matter

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Sir,

The campaign is dynamic and players have a definite impact. The object is not only to destroy the enemy ground forces to prevent them from moving the lines, you must also defend your ground forces so that they can advance and move the lines in your favor.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

LG1.Klein

Unread post by LG1.Klein »

I ask as, with our limited knowledge of the grand scope, it appeared as if we destroyed all columns in the M8 sector and even ranged farther south to strike an airfield and troop concentrations around reggio calibri but the front still over took our airfield and pushed on towards Limone. We will continue to plug away and see what we can come up with.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Sir,

Previously, what I gave you was the short answer and I realized it deserves more explanation. You can script the Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) to a certain degree using the timeline.dcg file. You can do this by deploying ground forces by date with an entry such as 08/09/1943 M2A1_105mm@Foggia. You can also add entries such as 08/09/1943 M2A1_105mm@Blank to allow the DCG to manage the resources, which is what I do when I add objects to the timeline.dcg file. That way the location and strength is unknown even to me.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler