Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

New Dog Fight Video

Unread post by Python »

Salute

I'm working on a new sim for WW1 called Canvas Knights here is a video of the first dog fight test hope you all like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR4q8luSaho
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

BigO

Re: New Dog Fight Video

Unread post by BigO »

S!~Py:

With all due respect to to the AAS team's efforts, we have been looking at "Videos" of CK for years. Does not mean we are any closer to a usable game.

IMO CK has missed the boat. I don't think that there is enough internet juice to power two WWI flight sims (ROF and CK). Just not that many WWI enthusiasts to support two games. I don't see how you are going to be able to out "eye candy" ROF.

Anyways, any surviving RB3 squadrons have migrated to ROF (or IL2 WWI Mods like RAF has). Don't see how CK is going to win them back. From the posts over at AAS it does not appear that ANY potential release date is even in consideration.

When AAS gets withing a realistic few months of publishing CK, then they should start the video kick-off.

FYI-When I was in RB3 (3 years ago) I was pushing hard to have my squadron wait for CK, and lost all of my credibility when the original AAA/AAS team disintegrated. Maybe that is why I am so skeptical that anything will every come of this game/video.
BigO

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

Big O

Well bud you have known me for awhile and I would not be involved if it was not going to be succesfull. As for a release date I am not aloud to say when it will be released but do you think a release date is not getting near we would release the first video. As for missing the boat and out doing ROF eye candy well you have not even seen what will be available with CK. ROF is only a air sims CK is an Air,Sea and Land Sim so the market is there we have marketing folks that research this all the time. How long did it take them to get ROF of the ground years, The CK team as it is now have been at it for about an year. I'm sorry you had such a problem with your squadron because of waiting on things. I can tell you this compared to other sims CK will run on just about any pc old or new as for eye candy you can turn the grafix up to what ever your pc can handle or turn them down and still have nice looking eye candy and run the game with good fps. The beta team test the game on many diffrent types of pc's old and new just to check the fps on diffrent settings. Plus you will get lots of planes single seaters and two seater you will be able to have muti crews in them the same with all vehicles like a battle ship you can man any gun or take the controls and have others man the gun or have AI take them over your choice. The sceanery comes in diffrent parts but when you have them in the game you can fly from one map to the next without getting out of the game example you could take off from Dunkirk and fly all the way to Italy if you want and it is 1to1 scale I have been working on the western front map and can tell you to fly from London to across the channel to caen or dunkirk{yea I know not spelled right Tiger} is more than an half hour flight time. If your a first shooter type person well you can be in the trenchs they are 3D you will be able to go down them all along the front lines looking over no mans land. Well I am not going to into anymore but I hope you keep looking at it it is going to be done and if you want to buy it you will if not you won't I was just letting you all see what was going on.
Salute
Python

BigO

Unread post by BigO »

Sounds all good.

I do hope it can deliver.
BigO

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

I worked on CK when it was meant for IL2.. I still have A lot of the models and what not.. *Sigh* All that work for nothing..
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

I only have one question; is Deutschmark involved?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

S! Python and everyone involved in CK

I know you and everyone working on this have really poured your hearts and sweat into this project and I had really hopped that as you progressed I would see something that I could get excited about. I'm very sorry to say that I'm not finding anything.

Please don't take this as an insult to your work, its not. I truely have great respect and admiration for you. If this sim is going to be freeware it will probably be quite enjoyable for hundreds of people. But if this is something that is intended to be marketed and profitable then I don't see much future in it.

The whole world concept is pretty cool but its already been done way back with Battlefield 1942. Probably the flight part of your sim will be better than theirs but otherwise what will you have? BF42 wasn't on my PC for 6 months probably more like 6 weeks.

Looking at CK strictly as a WWI sim, It doesn't look much better than a modded RB3d, I've been playing with RoF since it was in closed Beta. Its 3 years old now and it is an exceptional sim well worth every penny I've invested in it. I only have a single complaint with RoF today and it is a big one. It will never allow for player designed wars like War Forces (RB3d) or WoW, USL, GS, SEOW etc. (IL-2)

Call me spoiled I guess but a flight sim today must strive to be better than all other sims before it. Thats going to mean a much more complex peice of software. The feeling of flight really needs to be there, the 3d world which we interact in must be more life like .

I think the best way to explain it is. Take the best parts of RoF. The feeling of flying, The landscape, the lighting, buildings, all that and you combine it with real mass multiplayer of IL2 where you can get a ton more objects into the game with scoring/debriefing like IL2 have it all work through something like Hyperlobby and you'll have a winner.
Trouble4u

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

Well I don't know what to say it seems you all have made up your mind. It sounds alot like you guys have been listening to Flybert. I have spent over 8 hours a day everyday for the last year working on maps and other stuff I came here because I thought I had alot of friends here who enjoyed a good WW1 sim. I think I made a mistake posting here I won't make the same mistake twice. I allways thought friends would support each other I guess that I am wrong and I will try to change the way I support others projects. (To Tiger delete this whole topic if you want I won't post anymore on the subject)
Salute
Python

BigO

Unread post by BigO »

S!~Python:

Wow I had forgotten how you like to go right over the cliff at full speed.....

You need to understand that guys like T4u and I are your game's target audience. We are the type of guys you should be trying to sell this to.

When your target audience shares with you some impressions, that whether you like it or not, are held by a large portion of the WWI sim community, you and your development team should be thinking about how to address them, and communicate some type of standard message response or talking points about the virtues of your software.

But instead of working with your target audience, to understand their legitimate concerns, you summarily write them off as unsupportive and remove them from your friends list.

You do have friends here Py, and I still consider you to be my friend. And you know something buddy, sometimes friends will tell you the truth, even when you don't want to hear it.

As your friend, all I can say is put down the CK Kool-aid, take a breath and realize the world does not revolve around what you and DM are working on in your collective basements.

It's just a game. Let's keep it in perspective.
BigO

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

I'm sorry Python I did not want to hurt your feelings. I do know how much you have put into the project I do admire and respect that. I could never do anything like it myself.

But seriously, for the sake of friendship should everyone just say it looks great and they can't wait to buy it? CK with what your video shows is an amazing accomplishment for hobbyist game production. Its just not the kind of flight sim/game thats going to see any kind of commecial success.

If you guys are really wanting to make a sim/game then you need to looking at your competition. RoF, OFF, IL2 and IL2 CoD. You've got to be on par with they're best features and better than them on the features they lack. Take advantage of the advancements in hardware and operating technologies. Don't waste your time building a game made to run on a 5 year old low end machine.

Again, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. It wasn't the point to do that.
Trouble4u