Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: New Dog Fight Video

Unread post by Python »

Salute

I was not going to post to this anymore but I will make this last post. You did not hurt my feelings as far as the game goes I have ROF and many other games that are being used to compare things to. As for constructive critisism I have no problem with that. But most of you have a real dis-like for DM and have allready made up your mind thats your choice. But if you all had taken a wait and see attitude you would see what is to come in the future. As fare as drinking CK kool-aid maybe I take it seriouse I have to much time tied into it so I will defend it. Like I said when it comes out if you like it buy it if not don't. As for me going over a cliff think what you may I am who I am and I am to old to change. Like I said above this is one post I wish I had made.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Well, I'm not the biggest fan of DM that's true. It has no bearing on what I'm seeing in that video. If I like a product I'll by it. I don't care too much about who it is that created it.

Wish you all the best of luck.
Trouble4u

RAF209_Benge

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

Trouble,

Just out of curiousity...have you played with the game engine that Canvas Knights uses?
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

No I haven't. I'm going strictly off of what I see in the video.

The external 3d models a fair, Better than RB3d but not as good as IL2. The cockpit models and the screens of the inside of the sub and the tank I looked at on the AAS site are very low quality. The game sounds are very poor. The "boom" and fireball when the alb goes down is laughable. clouds looked OK , I was not impressed by the ground or the airfield. Obviously the 3d models are no where near the quality of RoF so the moving rocker arms don't carry the same immersion quality that they do in RoF either. The FM I can't say much about since its only movie but the AI formations are way too solid for WWI aircraft.

After a couple the couple of posts here today I went to AAS website. I'm glad to see that there some of you out there that are excited about this 20 replies to the video there in a couple of day is good. On the other hand when RoF was in devlopment and IL2 CoD a couple of days after a post like a video would have given them 20 pages of praise. I hate to sound like an asshole I really do and really tried to sugar coat my thoughts in earlier post to spare any hurt feelings but that was obviously pointless because any negitive opinion was going to end the way it had.

Someday someone will make a great WWI sim that really will have everything I'm looking for in it. Canvas knights in its current form is not it and with the replies coming from Python I see that it never will be
Trouble4u

RAF209_Benge

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

:roll:
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

Well here a question.. When do you plan to release the game?

**Why did you disable comments on the video? Its a great source for feedback..
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves