I don't remember it being this hard

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

leatherpuke

I don't remember it being this hard

Unread post by leatherpuke »

O.k., I've decided to get my lazy butt back in the air for real this time. I scrubbed my computer and ordered a new disk so I'm starting from scratch. I've already run into a major issue.

I installed the brand new disk and it installed correctly. However, every time I run it it stutters so bad it is unflyable. Sometimes it will work fine for a few minutes but then it just boggs out. I have no other programs running, not even track IR. Just running the vanilla 4.07 with no mods.

The game worked fine on this computer befor I took my little hiatus, so I know this rig will run it. I've defragmented and run disk cleanup and the game is in open GL running stock settings.

Anybody got any ideas? I'm running windows 7 in compatability mode for XP service pack 2 if that helps.

Oh, and it's good to be back..........again.

S!
.50 Caliber......because people have a nasty habit of hiding behind stuff when you shoot at them.

Decker
Major
Major

Re: I don't remember it being this hard

Unread post by Decker »

I am running windows 7 and not in compatability mode. everything works fine. it needs to install in the " program files(x86) " I was told that is where your older games should be installed and no problems here. Other than that I have no idea about the studdering.

S! glad to here from you again. sucks that it is you having problems.

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

J9_Hammer

Unread post by J9_Hammer »

S!

Did you scrub the inside of the computer as well? It sounds like it could be overheating in the CPU or GPU. Open the case and shopvac the dust and cobwebs out.

Hamm

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

typically when things start to slow down, its because there is some background program hogging up the resources.

hit alt+ctrl+delete to check out whats running in the background from time to time and how much resources its using to do it. I've found that programs that always want to check for updates really cause a hit in performance.

If you ever messed with your config file to optimize performance, and somehow for to do that again if you reinstalled, that might be you prob as well.

leatherpuke

Yeah, still working on it. It's just weird because it will start out fine but it then it screws up after about 2 minutes of flying everytime.

Gahh! I hate computers.
.50 Caliber......because people have a nasty habit of hiding behind stuff when you shoot at them.

leatherpuke

I'm still here......still screwed.