Something I came across while researching Hacks and Cheats

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Pirates_Smile

Re: Something I came across while researching Hacks and Chea

Unread post by Pirates_Smile »

S.L.N wrote:
Pirates_Smile wrote:Id say F 15...

look at the shape of the wings towards the rear ;)
true, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...
Rain doesn't ALWAYS fall straight down....it usually has its own AOA to it...(but I agree...it HAD to be an F-22) because if it was an F-15, they would have left it in the rain and counted that dowsing as an aircraft wash for the 14 days.

DON'T MAKE ME GO "OPERATIONAL"
Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

— Derek Robinson.

Angels_Bard

Unread post by Angels_Bard »

There were cheaters....cough..'exploiters' out there pre mod. I witnessed a well known member of the community using the engine off reset overheat exploit back before it was fixed, and was also convinced he was using the server console to help him locate players. This was confirmed when a sting was set up and he was fed data that shows up on console while I circled a remote area of the map, far to our sides rear to which he showed up.

However, the vast majority of players are cheat free, and those that do cheat are really only cheating themselves by removing any value to their 'achievements'.

There's always going to be cheaters in one form or another. Proxy programs to display
game data or fool runtime checks are more sophisticated and run outside of game code.

A cheater's game is weak. That's enough revenge for me ;)

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

Cheats they are so easy to make in this game even i experimented with a few i made in this game.

Is it really that bad now in SOV?
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Pirates_Smile

Unread post by Pirates_Smile »

I say we, (as a team) start a list of players we HIGHLY suspect of cheating...and hunt them down - RELENTLESSLY as a group when we're together...even if its "their" server.

Up there the world is divided into bastards and suckers. Make your choice.

— Derek Robinson.

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

How do people have enogh time to come up with the cheats and implement them? Must not have family, friends or a job huh? LAME
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

=AVG=Zombie wrote:How do people have enogh time to come up with the cheats and implement them? Must not have family, friends or a job huh? LAME

It only takes a couple hours. This game was written in Java which every knows. Hardest part is recompiling the code.
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Which I was told by your adversary American (Jagr) that Java took years on years to learn the code.
"You had to dedicate your life to learning java."
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Razgriz_37 wrote:Which I was told by your adversary American (Jagr) that Java took years on years to learn the code.
"You had to dedicate your life to learning java."
who is java and why is she playing hard to get?
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Rya

Unread post by Rya »

Pirates_Smile wrote:I say we, (as a team) start a list of players we HIGHLY suspect of cheating...and hunt them down - RELENTLESSLY as a group when we're together...even if its "their" server.

Now we're gonna be known American Volunteer Group in more than one way, We're gonna be fightin crime! I always wanted to be a superhero!

http://www.comicbookradioshow.com/trapped/superman2.gif
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"- Unknown

"Quarreling is like cutting water with a sword. " - Chinese Proverb

Redhornet

Unread post by Redhornet »

I've reached a point where, frankly, I don't want to use mods at all.

My experience with the UP stuff was horrendous, took forever to download, longer to install and get to work properly, then they slowed my game down online to around 8fps. I dumped the lot. Another thing that I REALLY dislike about it is the addition/modding of the national insignia which causes the "invisibility bug", which makes you have to use the stock markings, so then what was the friggin point!?!? The addition of Korean war era stuff is absolutely pointless, it's a WW2 flight sim for pete's sake!

HSFX I had a much easier time with and I liked it ok. What I didn't like was the elimination of the big flash/explosion when a 20mm round hits, some of the sounds I thought were meh, and the creaking of the plane in manouvers I found annoying. I know that stuff was supposed to be more historically accurate but, it's a GAME and I want to have fun, not fly in a virtual history lesson.

Overall I'm pretty much over the mods. They've got their place, just not on my computer. With the cheating that can be exploited in addition to my personal thoughts about them, to me it's just not worth it.

One caveat, the one and only mod I really like alot is the 6DOF. I found that to be a savior when flying in full switch servers. 6DOF makes it far more natural to check your 6, because you can look behind then lean over to see your tail, instead of just the back of your seat.
The Uber Target