X52 troubles

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Big_Fred
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

X52 troubles

Unread post by Big_Fred »

I have the standard X52, not the pro. Every so often the y axis goes numb and the center third does not register any movement. Aileron controls go way wonky.

The situation has developed maybe twice in the past year and then mysteriously gone away after several reboots or connection/disconnection of joystick.

Y axis went wonky on me today for the third time. I have no set method and would like to ask if anyone else has been able to find cause or reliable resolution to this.

Thanks in advance.
Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

"War without fire is like sausage without mustard".
Henry V.

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: X52 troubles

Unread post by Trouble4u »

I have not had that kind of problem with mine Fred, Only problem I've had is 2 of the "T" switches on the joystick part have quit working.
Trouble4u

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

I have not had any problems with mine either. Every since I got it it has been working 1st time every time other than me asigning buttons etc. My light on the screen on the throttle has never worked but that is not a problem so far. Have you tried the Saitek forums? Just a suggestion.

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

leatherpuke

Unread post by leatherpuke »

Mine does that every once in a while. The only thing I can do is unplug the cable that goes into the stick and wait about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. I guess the stick just needs to reset itself sometimes.

That can get really annoying when you're in the middle of a dog fight though.
.50 Caliber......because people have a nasty habit of hiding behind stuff when you shoot at them.

Big_Fred
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Big_Fred »

Leather, I have done the unplug thing, for several minutes even. To no avail.

The last time this happened, I went online and found an article about modding the stick by removing a few parts and moving the magnets to center (eliminiates dead zone). I was going to attempt that, but only opened the case, reconsidered, and quickly closed it. I plugged it back in and it was working fine....

This time, unplug didn't work. I simply unplugged it again, inverted the stick and threatened to remove the case screws and wiggled the stick while inverted. PLugged it back in and was 'normal' again. Go figure. I will have to do a more scientific approach next time.
Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

"War without fire is like sausage without mustard".
Henry V.