Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

This is kind of scary

Unread post by Tiger »

Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Medar

Re: This is kind of scary

Unread post by Medar »

Interesting.

Some of the facts and figures are true, some are outright wrong and easy to debunk. The last few statements are also wrong according to what I could easily find.

It's more of a scare tactic - but that does not mean it won't eventually come to pass.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Thanks for the reply. I wondered if the facts and figures were entirely accurate. I believe it was Smokin that pointed out that you can tell what the agenda is by the way the information is presented. And, that presentation is obviously intended to be scary, hence the title of the thread. ;)
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Yea, I enjoy stuff like this...and the absolute BEST of these always mix enough truth with their agenda...and it leaves you buying what they say...but with that nagging feeling in the back of your head.

This one did exactly what you said...they made it "scary" and presented so many numbers that are easily verifiable...that people are left with a "Gee, not sure that this is exactly true" feeling. What cracks me up is that they interject some TRUE Fertility numbers for Europe...along with some FALSE ones. And again with the Muslim stuff...they interject some truth with some fiction.

Think of it this way - Fertility rates for countries include ALL the citizens of those countries, regardless of religion...so the rates they are quoting INCLUDE the Muslims that are already citizens living in those countries. Now I am in the Midwest...but we still have our share of Muslims here. I have never seen a Muslim family with 8.7 kids. Or even 5 kids.

The most truthful part of that video is the Immigration issue. France is screwed - and it is not because they are letting in a ton of Muslims who are having babies...instead it is because they are letting people immigrate INTO the country. Nobody wants to move to France except for those from less fortunate countries. And that means if you are White or Asian - France sucks (could not pay me to live there). But if you are from the Middle East, or Africa, or any area considered close to "3rd world"? France looks pretty damn good...and they let ANYONE in.

Britain is getting there...and there have been recent studies related to the facts that the Government set up "communities" of immigrants thinking it would make them feel more at home, and give their identities a place to thrive (think Little Italy in NYC, or Chinatown in San Francisco). Instead it backfired on the UK - and what has happened is that these communities do not feel "British". Many still fly the flags of Pakistan and follow their countries of origin, etc rather than the Union Jack and British politics, etc.

I certainly don't have an answer...but the problem is not a bunch of sex-crazed humping Muslim couples kicking out kids like rabbits...it's countries that have bad Immigration Policies. So in essence...the governments are doing it to themselves.

Reinhardt

Unread post by Reinhardt »

Quick!! Someone let me borrow your daughter(s) so I can start churning out catholics to try and keep pace hahahahahahahahaha

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

It is only scary if you blindly accept the far right's position that all of Islam (or any religion) is extremist and evil. Instead, compare the monotheistic religions directly- Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Islam recognizes the divinity of Christ while Judaism denies it. One could write that one down to a respect for then-recent history.

If one is then to define one's homeland as being of one or the other religion (as in Islamic Republic, Jewish State, Holy Roman Empire, etc) should not one base who is their ally on the inter-relationships of their respective religions? In the end of times, that will theoretically be all that is left, so to do otherwise would seem against the will of God.

Or something like that. It is always hard to discuss religion objectively, especially when there is politic involved.

Speaking of politic, a billion chinese and nearly that many Indians (from India, not North America) are just as much of a demographic threat as Islam, and those populations being proxiate to each other and both approaching critical mass seems as much or more of a threat than Islam at this point.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Space wrote:It is only scary if you blindly accept the far right's position that all of Islam (or any religion) is extremist and evil. Instead, compare the monotheistic religions directly- Islam, Christianity and Judaism. Islam recognizes the divinity of Christ while Judaism denies it. One could write that one down to a respect for then-recent history.
Now Space - don't go turning this into a Right vs. Left thing...nobody mentioned anything about Red and Blue here in the good ole USA. :D

But heads up - Islam does NOT recognize the divinity of Christ. In Islam it is blasphemous to say Jesus was the Son of God, part of the Trinity, or anything OTHER than "just" a prophet.

I am not talking for or against any religion above...everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. However...Islam and Jesus as divine do not mix!

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Islam in itself is not a violent religion
its a couple radicals, kinda like those who blow up abortion clinics, pretty much the opposite of what the bible says in the new testament huh?
and no its not scary to me.
If i died tomorrow, id be a bit bummed, but I wouldnt cry over it, only real regret is i never got to tell her.
Everything on this earth will end eventually
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

OH yeah, everything Ive learned about world religions I learned at a chrisitan school,soooo
ve must fight vor the comfy couch