Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Yahoo! Search

Unread post by Tiger »

S! All,

I have been working on some SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for the web site. Although Google doesn't seem to have caught on yet, Yahoo! has. If you seach Yahoo! using combinations of the Keywords that I am using on the site we place rather well in the organic searches (organic searches are the ones that are not paid for).

Using the keywords "Virtual Aces" places us second in the Yahoo! organic search ranking (second only to the Red Baron section of this web site). Using the search term "=AVG=" has us completely lost in a sea of AVG Anti-virus listings. Using the search terms "=AVG= Squadron", "American Volunteer Group", and "Flying Tigers" isn't much better as we are well behind a number of listings in reference to the actual AVG. And, the last keyword I used was "IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946" which will bring you to any number of IL-2 related sites.

However, using any of the keywords in combination with "Virtual" seems to have us placing rather well in the Yahoo! searches. Using the search terms "Virtual Flying Tigers IL-2", for example, we place second in the organic listings. Using the search terms "Virtual =AVG=" we place fifth. I'll keep working on the SEO and see if we can get some traffic here. Hopefully, Google will pick us up before long.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: Yahoo! Search

Unread post by Tiger »

S! All,

I just had an idea. I can use new keywords (search terms), so if you would, please post what search terms you would use to find this site on Yahoo! or Google if you were looking for it. That way I can compare what I am using to what you have posted to be sure that I am using good keywords for search terms.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Yahoo! Search

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Its seems as tho yahoo is the only one that lists us the fastest, others such as google or msn you can get lost in like you said. : )

~S~
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.