4.09m

Public forum for news and announcements from the =AVG=

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Re: 4.09m

Unread post by Space »

Decker wrote:Will anyone be up for the challange of helping me get multiple copies on my computer?
I accept your challenge!

Once you have il-2:1946 installed and patched up to 4.08 (totally stock) go to the c:/program files/ubisoft/ folder. When there, find the folder named "il-2 sturmovik 1946" and make an archive of this for future needs. On the same il-2sturmovik:1946 folder, right click and copy, then paste. What you will have is the original, one that says "copy of il-2 sturmovik:1946" and a compressed copy in case something ever goes awry. It might be wise to put the archive on another part of the drive in case anything ever happens to the whole ubisoft folder.

Once the stock, copy and archive games are secure, right-click on copy and rename it to il-2 sturmovik:1946_stock or something similar. Now you are ready to patch the il-2 sturmovik:1946 up to 4.09 or whatever. When you need another copy, just unpack that archived copy and away you go.

To move between installations, go to the unisoft folder (i have shortcut to the ubisoft folder on the desktop) and rename folders accordingly, adding a suffix to the game you are moving from and removing the suffix for the installation you are wanting to be active.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

I will give it a shot. I am about 25% done downloading. I will get back with you when it is finished downloading. Thank you very much sir. ~S~

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Decker wrote:I am starting over from scratch. Just deleted IL-2 and I am redownloading it. I need someones help to get multiple copies once it is downloaded. Will anyone be up for the challange of helping me get multiple copies on my computer? I figure if i start from scratch i can make copies and ad on ui,hsfx etc to each one. I am only at 6% downloaded right now but please let me know if you can help. asap. thanks
Decker - just holler at me. I cannot get into Teamspeak from work (port issues)...but can either post back and forth, or chat on something like GoogleChat or AIM - either way we will get you settled.

Ping me at medar -a-t- cox.net if you would like as well...

OR - on the off chance you have GoogleWave - that would be very easy to use.

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

69% downloaded now. I use yahoo instant messanger [email protected]

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Decker wrote:69% downloaded now. I use yahoo instant messanger [email protected]
Got me on that one...no yahoo stuff here unless it interfaces to Google or AIM. Do you by chance have a login at Joint Ops? They have a chatroom there we could use.

If not - it is relatively easy to explain the process in one easy post.

You are downloading from Ubi, right? IE - a D2D version?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Have you guys ever looked into Trillian? You can use it with just about any IM system. Here's a link for you;

http://www.trillian.im
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Yea, just don't have it installed here...and you still have to have a similar account (ie google to google, AIM to AIM, yahoo to yahoo). Cannot cross-platform chat.

I actually use Pidgin which is essentially the same thing without fluff.

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

Just made copies,renamed, and ran 4.09m but it went to all copies. did i do something wrong?

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

All copies? :shock: When you started the 4.09 it should have asked for the folder that has your il-2 stormovik:1946 game in it (typically the ubisoft folder) and only run on the folder named il-2 sturmovik:1946 and no others.

Before running 4.09 you want to have:
c:/program files/ubisoft/il-2 sturmovik:1946 (to be modded with 4.09)
c:/program files/ubisoft/il-2 sturmovik:1946_stock (to remain stock)
c:/program files/ubisoft/il-2 sturmovik:1946.rar (or .zip or other archive)

When finished only the c:/program files/ubisoft/il-2 sturmovik:1946 should be in 4.09. To play 4.09b, rename the il-2 sturmovik:1946 to il-2 sturmovik:1946_409 and the il-2 sturmovik:1946_stock to il-2 sturmovik:1946. From there I keep the archive in another place and mod the _stock copy with the AAA installer for all of the common game servers to go between 4.08 and 4.09b.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

It sure should not have...here is the process for a FRESH install of the game (no versions on your PC):

1. Download IL2-1946 from D2D. This is a 4.08m version of the game.
2. Install to a directory of your choice. I suggest a 'special' directory (ie C:\GAMES\Ubisoft\IL2 Sturmovik 1946\)

You now have 4.08m installed. Run the game, set back up your stick/controls, views, etc etc etc. Get yourself back to flying capacity.

3. PATCH the 4.08m version you have with the "ubi-fix.rar". (http://www.allaircraftarcade.com/forum/ ... php?t=3302)

This is necessary so you can mod all future copies of the game without doing this 50 times.

4. Select the "IL2 Sturmovik 1946" folder using Windows Explorer, right click it and say COPY. Then right-click again in the white space below it and say PASTE. You will now have:

C:\GAMES\Ubisoft\IL2 Sturmovik 1946\
C:\GAMES\Ubisoft\Copy of IL2 Sturmovik 1946\

5. RENAME the "copied" folder from "Copy of IL2 Sturmovik 1946" to something like "IL2-1946 4.08m Vanilla". This is now your BASE version of the game that you will never run or play...only hold onto for future mods or issues. So now you have:

C:\GAMES\Ubisoft\IL2 Sturmovik 1946\
C:\GAMES\Ubisoft\IL2-1946 4.08m Vanilla\

6. Patch your "game" version (IL2 Sturmovik 1946) to 4.09m using the 409m.exe AND the skins409m.exe.

Last...

7. Patch your "game" version (IL2 Sturmovik 1946) to Ultrapack 1.8 using the seven Ultrapack 1.8 files. These will unpack and then ask you to point to the install. Make SURE you point to the right version...NOT your Vanilla copy.

And that should do the trick. You now have a game copy that will run 4.09m standard, or you can use the JSGME.exe in the root folder to turn on and off mods (for FS, etc)...AND you have a Vanilla 4.08m version of the game you will never touch.

Now anytime you need to "start fresh" - you can simply do so by going to the Vanilla 4.08m folder...clicking it and COPY - PASTING it. And repeating the above on the pasted copy...this always keeps one version of the game pristine...and allows you to install as many other versions as necessary.