Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

State of the =AVG= Address

Unread post by Tiger »

S! All,

I wanted to take a moment to speak about my view of the group, past, present, and future. Officially, the =AVG= came into existence on 4 February 2008. It was formerly the 4th Fighter Group, and many of our current members came from the original squadron. The name was changed as the group took on a new persona and left behind some baggage that was acquired as the 4th Fighter Group.

In the months that have followed we have accomplished a lot of what I envisioned for the =AVG= as a group. We have established a well defined structure, a code of conduct, and promotional guidelines. We have also established a squadron training night and filled some of the required billets of the group. We have flown together, and with the instruction of Redjoy, and SNA2007, we are progressing very well as a team.

You may have noticed that I have promoted Redjoy to Group Training Officer, and I have appointed SNA2007 as Squadron Training Officer in Redjoy's absence. While Redjoy has been away on leave, SNA2007 stepped up and began to handle training for the =AVG= group. I felt it was only right to recognize this commitment. By the same logic, it is not Redjoy's fault that he can not be here to handle the training right now, and it wouldn't be fair to take his position away from him. Fortunately, I have the luxury of using our group structure to allow for both of them to work together to provide the necessary training.

This brings me to a point; the =AVG= is actually a group as opposed to a squadron. We have been operating as a squadron until such time as we have enough members to split into two squadrons, and perhaps even three squadrons, if we accumulate enough members to do so. The actual AVG was comprised of three squadrons, and it was my intention to model the =AVG= after the actual Flying Tigers in order to allow for growth.

Once we have at least 20 active members I plan on splitting the =AVG= into the 1st pursuit squadron (Adam and Eves) and 2nd pursuit squadron (Panda Bears). If we accumulate enough members I would also like to have a 3rd pursuit squadron (Hell's Angels). Each squadron will have it's own Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, and so on. At that time I plan on taking the position of Group CO, Trouble4u would be Group XO, and so on. My plan is to be able to do this by the end of the year so that promulgation can occur as outlined in the group structure documentation.

Having said all this, there are a number of positions that still need to be filled. The command structure currently looks like this;

Commanding Officer - Tiger
Executive Officer - Trouble4u
Training Officers - Redjoy/SNA2007
Operations Officer
Adjutant - Razgriz_37
Recruiting Officer - American
Flight Leaders

At the moment I'm not concerned about assigning Flight Leaders as we are currently training to be fluid at this position. I am more concerned about filling the position of Operations Officer, Adjutant, and Recruiting Officer. If you have the desire and the ability, please consider filling one of the vacant positions. The responsibilities of each are outlined in the Squadron Structure document, which you can find here;

Group Structure

If you have any questions, or, you are interested in one of the vacant positions you can post here, or, send me an e-mail.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

american
Captain
Captain

Re: State of the =AVG= Address

Unread post by american »

Tiger i never stood up for the postion because i always thought some one will do better. As you guy's probably know i love making / Joining Co-oP's. Well alot of time i meet pretty kool pll. Thx to the =AVG= back up server. I invite the fella s there and we talk. And alot of times they seem intrested in the squad but i never really let them get much further then that. (In a sence) I think i would do great as a recuiting officer i also think i fit for the role. :)

American
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Thanks for stepping up, American. You will be appointed as Squadron Recruiting Officer. Your immediate supervisor will be the Adjutant once one is appointed. In the meantime you will work with me to coordinate the induction of new recruits.

S!
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Special K
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Special K »

where do i apply to be the "bad ass"or the most "Cocky" of the squadron?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Well, if you were truly the "badass" of the squadron you wouldn't have to apply. It would be evident. :)
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

Special, that position has already been filled...by me.
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

Special K
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Special K »

i'll take the Cocky position then!

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

Here's your Uniform!
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by ScrewBall »

Good address, Tiger. Is there a billet available for Group Beer Officer? :mrgreen:
American, I'm the RO for the RB squadron I fly with, so if you ever need any assistance or someone to bounce ideas around with, I'm here.
But seriously, folks....for the moment, I'm happy as a dogface pilot type.
Maj.ScrewBall

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

american wrote:Here's your Uniform!

As Adjutant, i will try to my best in the served the position that i've been granted, i hope i don't mess this one up... :)
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.